— phrasal verb with go uk /ɡəʊ/ us /ɡoʊ/ verb present participle going, past tense went, past participle gone
B2 to start to do something开始做；着手干
We've received permission to go ahead with the music festival in spite of opposition from local residents. 尽管遭到当地居民反对，我们还是获准开始着手筹备音乐节。
- The launch party will be going ahead as scheduled.
- The organizers are going ahead with the scheme despite the objections of local residents.
- I'm not sure about the legalities, but I suggest we go ahead with the plan and see what happens.
- Until we've got official permission to go ahead with the plans we're in limbo.
- Ignoring my protestations, they went ahead and chopped the tree down.