literaturenoun [ U ]uk /ˈlɪt.rə.tʃər/ us /ˈlɪt̬.ɚ.ə.tʃɚ/
literature noun [ U ] (WRITING)
- He's very knowledgeable about German literature.
- I had a brilliant English teacher who fired me with enthusiasm for literature at an early age.
- She's studying for an MA in French literature.
- Classic literature never goes out of print.
- The festival is to encompass everything from music, theatre and ballet to literature, cinema and the visual arts.
literature noun [ U ] (SPECIALIST TEXTS)
literature noun [ U ] (INFORMATION)
› printed material published by a company that is intended to encourage people to buy that company's products or services; material that an organization publishes in order to persuade people to agree with its opinions（公司的）宣传资料，产品简介，服务项目介绍 （某组织出版的旨在游说人们赞同其观点的）宣传材料