loveverb [ T ]uk /lʌv/ us /lʌv/
love verb [ T ] (LIKE SOMEONE)
I love you. 我爱你。
Last night he told me he loved me. 昨晚他告诉我说他爱我。
I've only ever loved one man. 我只爱过一个男人。
- You may love someone without necessarily wanting to marry them.
- He said he would always love her .
- I think Phil has to face the fact that she no longer loves him.
- She faces the dilemma of disobeying her father or losing the man she loves.
- When I tried to tell her that I loved her it just came out all wrong.
love verb [ T ] (LIKE SOMETHING)
A1 to like something very much喜爱，喜欢
She loves animals. 她喜欢动物。
He really loves his job. 他非常喜欢自己的工作。
A2 used, often in requests, to say that you would very much like something（常用于表示请求）想，想要
love noun (LIKING SOMEONE)
"I'm seeing Laura next week." "Oh, please give her my love" (= tell her I am thinking about her with affection). “下星期我要去看劳拉。”“喔，请代我向她问好。”
Maggie asked me to send her love to you and the kids (= tell you that she is thinking about you with affection).
He was the love of my life. 他是我一生的挚爱。
She was my first love. 她是我的初恋情人。
See you at Christmas. Love, Kate. 圣诞节见，爱你的凯特。
be in love
fall in love (with sb)