mapnoun [ C ]uk /mæp/ us /mæp/
A2 a drawing of the earth's surface, or part of that surface, showing the shape and position of different countries, political borders, natural features such as rivers and mountains, and artificial features such as roads and buildings地图
a map of the world 世界地图
a map of Paris 巴黎地图
a road map 公路图
We need a large-scale map showing all the footpaths that we can walk along. 我们需要一张大比例尺地图，上面要标出所有能走的小路。
a celestial map 天体图
a map of Mars 火星地形图
- To find your nearest UK school, we have a clickable map dividing the UK into regions.
- I'm not quite sure how to get there - I'd better consult a map.
- This map has contours marked at 250-metre intervals.
- Let's aim for Coventry first, and then we'll have a look at the map.
- On this map, demarcations between regions are shown with dotted lines.