problemnoun [ C ]uk /ˈprɒb.ləm/ us /ˈprɑː.bləm/
I'm having problems with my computer. 我的电脑出了故障。
The very high rate of inflation poses/presents (= is) a serious problem for the government. 高通货膨胀率对政府来说是个严重的问题。
Who is going to tackle (= deal with) the problem of poverty in the inner cities? 政府打算什么时候解决旧城区的贫困问题？
[ + -ing verb ] Did you have any problems (= difficulties) getting here? 你到这儿来有什么困难吗？
We were given ten problems to solve. 我们有10道题要做。
- Traffic congestion in large cities seems to be an insoluble problem.
- Her only problem is lack of confidence.
- I've had continual problems with this car ever since I bought it.
- Tiredness, loss of appetite and sleeping problems are all classic symptoms of depression.
- Desperate measures are needed to deal with the growing drug problem.