sendverb [ T ]us uk /send/ sent, sent
send verb [ T ] (POST/EMAIL)
She sent a message with John to say that she couldn't come. 她让约翰捎信说自己不能来了。
- We will send you written confirmation of our offer shortly.
- If you send it airmail, it'll be very expensive.
- Please send this letter by express delivery.
- I'll send you my email address once I'm online.
- I've sent my CV to a few companies in the region.
- Please send a covering letter with your application form.
send verb [ T ] (CAUSE TO GO)
[ + to infinitive ] We're sending the kids to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks. 我们要把孩子送去和我的父母住上几个星期。
send verb [ T ] (CAUSE TO HAPPEN)
[ + -ing verb ] The announcement of the fall in profits sent the company's share price plummeting (= caused it to go down a lot). 利润下降的公告使公司的股价大幅下跌。