sound noun (NOISE)
Could you turn the sound down/up on the TV? 你把电视机的音量调低／高一点好吗？
- Pavlov conditioned dogs to salivate at the sound of a bell.
- The strange sound made his blood curdle.
- The sound of the door closing deceived me into thinking they had gone out.
- The sound of his footsteps gradually died away.
- She could hear the distant sound of fireworks exploding.
sound noun (SEEM)
the sound of sth C2 [ S ]
› how something seems to be, from what is said or written…给人的印象（或感觉）；…的言外之意
sound verb (SEEM)
sound good, interesting, strange, etc.
- Without wishing to sound conceited, I am the best salesperson in the company.
- They don't sound confident about the future of the industry.
- The depth of his voice makes him sound older than he is.
- Their ideas sound fine in principle but they haven't worked out the economics behind the policies.
- His excuse sounded a bit contrived.
sound like/as if/as though
B1 to seem like something, from what is said or written听起来像／似乎
That sounds like a good idea. 那听起来像是个不错的主意。
It sounds as if they had a good holiday. 听起来他们似乎度过了一个愉快的假期。
sound verb (NOISE)
It sounds like a bird. 听起来像一只鸟。
sound verb (WATER DEPTH)
sound adjective (GOOD CONDITION)