suppose verb (THINK LIKELY)
[ + to infinitive ] We all supposed him to be German, but in fact he was Swiss. 我们都以为他是德国人，可事实上他是瑞士人。
I suppose (that) you're going to be late again. 我看你又要迟到了。
B1 used to show unwillingness to agree（用于表示不愿同意）
"Can I go out tonight?" "Oh, I suppose so." “我今晚能出去吗?”“哦，行吧。”
- Responsibility, I suppose, is what defines adulthood.
- I suppose his criticism was fair comment .
- I suppose I could get on with the ironing while I'm waiting.
- I don't suppose there's any left-over pie going, is there?
- I didn't realize that Melanie hadn't been to college - I suppose I just took it for granted.