underestimate verb (AMOUNT)
Originally the contractor gave me a price of €2,000, but now they say they underestimated and it's going to be at least €3,000. 起初建筑商向我要价2000英镑，但现在他们说当初估价过低，至少要3000英镑。
Don't underestimate the difficulties of getting both parties to the conference table. 要让各个党派都坐下来谈判，其难度不可小觑。
- He miscalculated badly when he underestimated the response of the international community to the invasion.
- They've seriously underestimated the cost of the building project.
- The influence of the media should never be underestimated.
- She had a tendency to underestimate her son's potential.
- It seems that we've seriously underestimated just how long this process will take.