arm noun (BODY PART)
the arm of a jacket 夾克袖子
the arm of a chair 椅子扶手
arm in arm
arm noun (WEAPONS)
arms [ plural ]
arm noun (OF LAND/WATER)
arm noun (OF ORGANIZATION)
They are currently arming for war. 他們正在武裝起來，為戰爭做準備。
She armed herself for the interview by finding out all she could about the company in advance. 為準備面試，她事先盡其所能地瞭解了那家公司的情況。
- The police have to arm themselves against attack.
- In arming the dictator, the US was creating a Frankenstein who would threaten their influence in the region.
- Rioters armed with firebombs set light to police barricades.
- If he's not armed, don't shoot.
- War seemed inevitable and both sides were arming in preparation.