black adjective (COLOUR)
black shoes 黑色的鞋子
- There's a large black community living in this area.
- The armed forces are now giving positive encouragement to applications from Asians and black people.
- The police had to fend off allegations of institutional racism after a black suspect was beaten by four white police officers.
- Britain is a multi-ethnic society, with many black and Asian people.
- He had a black mother and a white father.
black adjective (PEOPLE)
black culture 黑人文化
Black Americans 美國黑人
- I wanted a simple black dress, nothing fancy.
- I heard a loud bang and then saw black smoke.
- The zebra is a wild African horse with black and white stripes.
- When you fill in the form, please write clearly in black ink.
- Amalie was dressed completely in black, right down to black lipstick and a black earring.
black adjective (BAD)
black noun (COLOUR)