broad adjective (WIDE)
B1 very wide寬廣的
broad adjective (GENERAL)
- If you read the minutes of the meeting, they'll give you a broad outline of what was discussed.
- She described the project in very broad brushstrokes.
- Security defined in the broadest sense of the term means getting at the root causes of trouble and helping to reduce regional conflicts.
- The book's success can be attributed to its broad appeal to readers of all ages.
- The film makers hoped to guarantee financial success by aiming the film at a broad audience.
broad adjective (STRONG)
broad adjective (INFORMATION)
broadnoun [ C ]uk /brɔːd/ us /brɑːd/ US offensive
› a woman女人，娘兒們