eastnoun [ U ]also East uk /iːst/ us /iːst/ written abbreviation E
Which way is east? 哪邊是東啊？
Her home is in the east of France. 她的家在法國東部。
Cambridge is in East Anglia. 劍橋位於東英格蘭。
› a wind coming from the east（風）從東方來的
- Rimini is a thriving holiday resort on the east coast of Italy.
- There was a cool east wind blowing and clouds were gathering on the horizon.
- On the east side of the hill, the land falls away sharply.
- Few climbers attempt to ascend the east face of the mountain.
- The visitors stood for several minutes at the east door of the cathedral, looking down the nave.
A2 towards the east向東，朝東
They were the first people to travel east of the mountains (= into the area beyond and to the east of the mountains). 他們是第一批到此山脈以東地區旅遊的遊客。