every determiner (ALL)
These paintings may look like the real thing, but (each and) every one of them is a fake. 這些畫看上去好像真的，但實際上全部都是冒牌貨。
every bit as
every which way US
in every way
(your) every need
- The police have taken fingerprints from every man in the neighbourhood.
- There are guards posted at every entrance.
- Humphrey Bogart's my hero - I've seen every one of his movies.
- She knows the name of every kid in the school.
- From the top of the hill, we could see for miles in every direction.
every determiner (REPEATED)
A1 used to show that something is repeated regularly（表示有規律地重複發生）每，每隔，每…之中
Every few kilometres we passed a burned out jeep or truck at the side of the road. 我們每走幾公里，就可以在路邊看到一架被燒毀的吉普車或貨車。
every now and again/then
C1 sometimes but not often間或，偶爾，有時
Every now and again/then they'll have a beer together. 他們偶爾會聚在一起喝杯啤酒。
every so often
- My father took me to watch the football every Saturday.
- Trains for Washington depart every half hour .
- The Oscar ceremony takes place in March every year.
- He's phoned me (up) every day this week.
- As a young girl, she spent every weekend riding her pony.
every determiner (GREATEST)
I'd like to wish you every success in your new job/happiness in your new home. 我衷心祝福你在新的工作中取得最大成功／在新家日子過得幸福美滿。
- Will you join me in wishing the bride and groom every happiness?
- I have every respect for his ideas, even if I don't agree with them.
- Let me offer my every sympathy to you at this sad time.
- I have every admiration for people who do that sort of work.
- The doctors made every effort to save the boy's life.