friendnoun [ C ]us uk /frend/
friend noun [ C ] (PERSON YOU LIKE)
She's my best/oldest/closest friend - we've known each other since we were five. 她是我最要好／交情最久／最親密的朋友——我們五歲的時候就認識了。
We've been friends for years. 我們已是多年的朋友了。
José and Pilar are (good) friends of ours. 何塞和皮拉爾是我們的（好）朋友。
We're (good) friends with José and Pilar. 我們和何塞、皮拉爾是（好）朋友。
She said that she and Peter were just (good) friends (= they were not having a sexual relationship). 她說自己和彼得只是（好）朋友而已。
I've made a lot of friends in this job. 我從事這份工作結交了很多朋友。
You don't have to pretend any more - you're among friends now. 你不用再裝了——現在大家都是自己人。
- Is he a friend of yours ?
- Come and meet my friend Laura.
- Is it okay if I bring a friend to the party?
- I got a call from an old college friend last night.
- He's not my boyfriend - we're just good friends!