future noun (TIME TO COME)
the future [ S ]
Sometimes I worry about the future. 有時候我擔心未來。
We need to plan for the future. 我們需要計劃一下未來。
Torn apart by war, its economy virtually destroyed, this country now faces a very uncertain future. 經過戰爭的蹂躪，這個國家的經濟幾乎遭到了根本性的破壞，前途未蔔。
She's a very talented young singer, Mike, and I personally think she's got a great future ahead of her! 她是個非常有天賦的年輕歌手，麥克，我個人認爲她的前途一片光明。
in future mainly UK US usually in the future
Could you be more careful in future? 你以後能不能仔細些？
In future I won't bother asking him out anywhere if he's just going to complain that he's bored! 從今往後如果他抱怨說無聊，我不會再邀他出去玩。
futureadjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈfjuː.tʃər/ us /ˈfjuː.tʃɚ/
How do you say that in the future tense? 那句話用將來式怎麽說？
for future reference
- Over the year we have had several debates about future policy.
- He detailed the future president's extracurricular activities while governor.
- She has been tipped as a future member of the Welsh Assembly.
- Speculation about his future plans is rife.
- Her technique became a standard against which all future methods were compared.