grow verb (INCREASE)
Children grow so quickly. 小朋友長得很快。
Are you growing a beard? 你在留鬍子嗎？
Wow, your hair's grown! 天哪，你的頭髮長起來了！
- Few plants grow in tundra regions.
- India grows tea for export.
- Complaints to the Banking Ombudsman grew by 50 percent last year.
- The thickness of the mulch will prevent weeds growing around the shrubs.
- Most of the produce sold in the market is grown by peasant farmers.
grow verb (BECOME)
grow tired, old, calm, etc.
- As people grow older, their faces acquire more character.
- As you grow older, your spine shortens by about an inch.
- She's becoming more and more irascible as she grows older.
- As the lights went down, the audience grew quiet.
- They had been travelling all day and the passengers were growing tired.