loveverb [ T ]uk /lʌv/ us /lʌv/
love verb [ T ] (LIKE SOMEONE)
I love you. 我愛你。
Last night he told me he loved me. 昨晚他告訴我說他愛我。
I've only ever loved one man. 我只愛過一個男人。
- You may love someone without necessarily wanting to marry them.
- He said he would always love her .
- I think Phil has to face the fact that she no longer loves him.
- She faces the dilemma of disobeying her father or losing the man she loves.
- When I tried to tell her that I loved her it just came out all wrong.
love verb [ T ] (LIKE SOMETHING)
A1 to like something very much喜愛，喜歡
She loves animals. 她喜歡動物。
He really loves his job. 他非常喜歡自己的工作。
A2 used, often in requests, to say that you would very much like something（常用於表示請求）想，想要
love noun (LIKING SOMEONE)
"I'm seeing Laura next week." "Oh, please give her my love" (= tell her I am thinking about her with affection). 「下星期我要去看勞拉。」「喔，請代我向她問好。」
Maggie asked me to send her love to you and the kids (= tell you that she is thinking about you with affection).
He was the love of my life. 他是我一生的摯愛。
She was my first love. 她是我的初戀情人。
See you at Christmas. Love, Kate. 聖誕節見，愛你的凱特。
be in love
fall in love (with sb)