on preposition (ABOVE)
on preposition (CONNECTED)
on preposition (TIME)
A1 used to show when something happens（發生）在…時候
on preposition (WRITING)
on preposition (TRAVEL)
- We're going across to France on the ferry.
- We fell asleep on the train and woke up to find ourselves in Calais.
- The railcard allows students and young people to travel half-price on most trains.
- I'll collect you from the station. Which bus will you be on?
- The crowd were surrounded by police on horseback.
on preposition (PROCESS)
on preposition (RECORDING)
- The whole car can be modelled on a computer before a single component is made.
- He was clattering away on his old typewriter.
- She comes across really well on television.
- Some software can be configured to prevent children from giving out their phone numbers on the internet.
- Sound and pictures can be stored digitally, as on a CD.
on preposition (PAIN)
on preposition (TO)
A2 to or towards在；向，朝，對
on preposition (RELATING)
B1 relating to關於，有關；涉及
on preposition (MONEY)
A2 used to show something for which a payment is made付錢買…；在…上（花費）
on preposition (NECESSARY)
- On what basis did you make your decision?
- The Republicans are relying on their agricultural policies to deliver the farmers' vote.
- The meaning of a sentence often depends on stress and intonation.
- He's either a hero or a villain, depending on your point of view.
- Our success rests on an increase in sales.
on preposition (INVOLVEMENT)
on preposition (FINANCIAL SUPPORT)
on preposition (FOOD/FUEL/DRUG)
on preposition (NEXT TO)
B1 next to or along the side of靠近，挨著；沿著；在…旁
- Negotiations between the two countries are on the brink of collapse.
- A demilitarized zone has been created on the border between the warring countries.
- A new coffee shop is opening on the high street.
- The Aswan High Dam is on the river Nile in Egypt.
- The shop front occupies a very prominent position on the main street.
on preposition (MEMBER)
- He has been rewarded for his 20 years of service with a seat on the board.
- Police officers aren't usually allowed to serve on a jury.
- Being on the committee is one involvement I could do without.
- She is on the school's development committee.
- He was was of the experts on a panel appointed to investigate the accident.
on preposition (TOOL)
on preposition (AGAIN)
on preposition (COMPARISON)
on preposition (POSSESSION)
on preposition (AFTER)
› happening after and usually because of在…後；由於
on preposition (PAYMENT)
on preposition (FAULTY)
on preposition (POINTS)
on adverb (CONNECTED)
on adverb (OPERATING)
on adverb (NOT STOPPING)
on adverb (TRAVEL)
on adverb (PERFORMING)