original adjective (FIRST MADE)
Is this the original fireplace? 這是原先的壁爐嗎？
Is this an original Rembrandt? (= Was it painted by him?) 這是倫勃朗的原作嗎？
- We agreed to look afresh at her original proposal.
- This is a daring new film by one of our most original modern directors.
- My original statement has been completely distorted by the media.
- Researchers tried many times to replicate the original experiment.
- I'd like to steer our discussion back to our original topic.
originalnoun [ C ]uk /əˈrɪdʒ.ən.əl/ us /əˈrɪdʒ.ən.əl/
B2 the first one made and not a copy原版；原件；原本；原稿
in the original
- This painting is only a copy - the original hangs in the Louvre.
- This watch may be a counterfeit, but it looks just like the original.
- The new version is worse in every respect - I much preferred the original.
- The new version of the program comes with a much better user interface than the original.
- It's an original, not one of those imitation jobs.