overalladverb [ before noun ], adjectiveuk /ˌəʊ.vəˈrɔːl/ us /ˌoʊ.vɚˈɑːl/
Overall, it has been a good year. 總的來說，這一年很不錯。
- The company cited a 12% decline in new orders as evidence that overall demand for its products was falling.
- The age of the patients and their overall health must be factored into the results.
- His performance should be judged on the overall result, and not on whether he achieves every jot and tittle of his original plan.
- You must keep things in perspective - the overall situation isn't really that bad.
- The report focuses on the particular rather than the general and so doesn't draw any overall conclusions.