thoughtnoun [ C or U ]uk /θɔːt/ us /θɑːt/
Ask me again tomorrow. I'll have to give it some thought. 明天再問我吧，我還得考慮一下。
She doesn't give any thought to her appearance. 她根本不注意自己的儀表。
Spare a thought for (= think about) all those without shelter on a cold night like this. 想想那些在這樣的寒夜無處棲身的人們。
- The thought suddenly flashed through my mind that she didn't want to be here.
- To be honest, the thought of jumping out of a moving plane makes my hair stand on end.
- My thoughts flow more easily if I work on a word processor.
- He took a minute or two to compose his thoughts before he replied.
- The thought of kissing him made me go weak at the knees.