trail noun (PATH)
- Unusually high winds left a trail of destruction over southern Britain.
- The storm left behind it a trail of devastation.
- A narrow trail of blood led directly into the cave.
- Mind out for falling rocks on this part of the trail.
- The trail began to steepen near the top of the hill.
trail noun (SIGNS)
trail verb (MOVE SLOWLY)
The delegates trailed back into the conference room for the afternoon session. 代表們沒精打埰地回到會議室，準備開下午的會。
- Her scarf was trailing on the ground.
- He is trailing now in the third set of the match.
- We trailed wearily up the stairs to bed.
- The cape was trailing in the mud.
- His team is trailing badly now.