underestimate verb (AMOUNT)
Originally the contractor gave me a price of €2,000, but now they say they underestimated and it's going to be at least €3,000. 起初建築商向我報價2000英鎊，但現在他們說當初估價過低，至少要3000英鎊。
Don't underestimate the difficulties of getting both parties to the conference table. 要讓各個黨派都坐下來談判，其難度不可小覰。
- He miscalculated badly when he underestimated the response of the international community to the invasion.
- They've seriously underestimated the cost of the building project.
- The influence of the media should never be underestimated.
- She had a tendency to underestimate her son's potential.
- It seems that we've seriously underestimated just how long this process will take.