acceptancenoun [ U ]uk /əkˈsep.təns/ us /əkˈsep.təns/
an acceptance speech
- Staff objected at first, but Angela's ideas have now found general acceptance in the office.
- Surely such a horrible idea could never gain acceptance here?
- The union's strike plans met with little acceptance at the meeting.
- Our aim is to provide a place where disturbed young people can find acceptance and understanding.
- We've seen widespread acceptance of our recycling scheme, which is very pleasing.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words