achievementnoun [ C or U ]uk /əˈtʃiːv.mənt/ us /əˈtʃiːv.mənt/
- He was very proud when his daughter received a commendation for her achievement.
- In the 1860s, Tolstoy was at the zenith of his achievement.
- If the new leader does manage to unify his warring party it will be quite an achievement.
- This is a truly remarkable achievement.
- Getting the job finished on time was no mean achievement.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a feather in your cap idiom
- a narrow squeak idiom
- a roaring success idiom
- achievement test
- every dog has its day idiom
- have sth under your belt idiom
- he who laughs last, laughs longest/best idiom
- quantum leap
- success story
- the dizzy heights of sth idiom