adjustmentnoun [C or U]uk /əˈdʒʌst.mənt/ us /əˈdʒʌst.mənt/
adjustment noun [C or U] (CHANGE)
- The invitations are almost ready, I just need to make a couple of adjustments.
- It requires a few minor adjustments.
- Use the on-screen menu to make adjustments to the colour and brightness of your monitor.
- The bike needed a few adjustments before it was ready to leave the shop.
- The software allows the artist to make detailed adjustments to the original drawing.
adjustment noun [C or U] (BECOMING FAMILIAR)