advisernoun [ C ]also advisor uk /ədˈvaɪ.zər/ us /ədˈvaɪ.zɚ/
a financial adviser
- An independent adviser has been brought in to conciliate between the two sides involved in the conflict.
- He resigned from a high-profile job as economic adviser to the prime minister.
- She works as a special adviser to the president.
- I waited so long for my turn to see the careers adviser that I missed my train.
- An outside adviser has been brought in to arbitrate the dispute between the management and the union.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words