alfalfanoun [ U ]uk /ˌælˈfæl.fə/ us /ˌælˈfæl.fə/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- The clipping back of the alfalfa plants is helpful, rather than hurtful.
- We ought to be watering thousands of acres for alfalfa and grain that now are dry.
- When it occurs in cool weather and quickly subsides, it may be possible to grow paying crops of alfalfa.
- When some wet soils are drained, alfalfa may not succeed well on them for a time and later may grow luxuriantly.
- Where alfalfa or cow peas can be successfully grown, either crop would be preferable.