- You could catch the 18.30 train - alternatively, you could wait for the 19.50 fast train.
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar, or alternatively honey, into the mixture.
- Post this order form in the envelope provided. Alternatively, phone our order line or order online from our website.
- It would be a six-month wait for the operation but, alternatively, you could pay for private treatment.
- The quickest way is to take the motorway. Alternatively, there is the coastal route, which is much prettier.
Alternate(ly)The adjective alternate and the adverb alternately mean ‘first one thing, then another thing and then the first thing again’. When we refer to time, we can also use the phrase every other day, every other week, etc. …