the ancient kingdoms of Mexico
the ancient Egyptians/Greeks/Romans
- The ancient people of this area worshipped a huge bronze idol in the shape of an elephant.
- In ancient Rome, captured generals were paraded through the streets in chairs.
- As a consequence of expansionism by some European countries, many ancient cultures have suffered.
- Mr Graham was amazed to find 46 ancient gold coins inside the pot.
- The ancient skull of Peking Man has been pieced together from fragments.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words