antitoxinnoun [ C ]uk /ˌæn.tiˈtɒk.sɪn/ us /ˌæn.t̬iˈtɑːk.sɪn/ specialized
Examples from literature
- Prophylactic injection of tetanus antitoxin may be indicated.
- The fatigue toxin in normal quantities is said to be counteracted by an antidote or antitoxin, also generated in the body.
- The gangrene antitoxin is injected to prevent the development of gangrene poisoning.
- The method may be considered as in accord with the modern theory that the bile of many animals contains strong antitoxins.
- When this antitoxin is injected into the blood, it will cure diphtheria.