Anyway, as I said, I'll be away next week.
- The meal isn't nearly ready yet, but I expect that they'll be late anyway.
- Liberman realized Kurt was unsuited to office life, but offered him a contract anyway.
- The head teacher refused to let us try it, and it was a pretty daft idea anyway.
- I have no chance of winning the competition, but I'm going to enter anyway.
- Even if it is pouring with rain, the event will take place anyway.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Anyway meaning ‘in spite of …’We use anyway to contrast reasons or situations that have already been mentioned. It is usually used in end position: …
Adverbs as discourse markers (anyway, finally)Discourse markers organise longer pieces of conversation or text. They can mark the openings or closings of conversations, changes in topics, and other functions connected with organising a conversation or text. Most discourse markers belong to the class of adverbs. …