attachment noun (PART)
- Many British homes have a shower attachment fixed to the bath taps.
- This little attachment allows you take photographs using your mobile phone.
- The hairdryer comes with a special attachment which enables you to dry your hair gently.
- This attachment makes it easier to vacuum stairs.
- You can buy an attachment that turns your drill into a screwdriver.
attachment noun (COMPUTING)
- The paperclip symbol next to the email's subject line shows that there is an attachment.
- If it's possible that the attachment might be infected, don't open it, just delete it.
- I'll send you the full document as an attachment.
- Her email has several attachments that you should look at.
- Clicking on this button allows you to make attachments to your email.
attachment noun (FEELING OF LOVE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: