bald eaglenoun [ C ]uk /ˌbɔːld ˈiː.ɡəl/ us /ˌbɑːld ˈiː.ɡəl/
Examples from literature
- Bald eagles sat by the river, as intent on their fishing as we were on ours.
- Both golden and bald eagles nest in tall trees in the wildest parts of the state.
- Fish-hawks were always in sight, and bald eagles were seldom absent altogether.
- The bald eagle nests in the niches in the precipice secure from any intrusion.
- The osprey was there, too, and I saw him abusing the bald eagle, who had probably just robbed him of a fish.