banjonoun [ C ]uk /ˈbæn.dʒəʊ/ us /ˈbæn.dʒoʊ/ plural banjos or banjoes
Examples from literature
- He had all the new ragtime songs and dances, which he rendered to his own accompaniment on an old battered banjo.
- I wonder if I couldn't bring my banjo and some of the songs I like best.
- Music was furnished by slaves who were able to play the banjo or the fiddle.
- Send for our price-list of banjos, music and instruction.
- The song had a lively air, and Jim picked the accompaniment on the banjo.