betelnoun [ U ]uk /ˈbiː.təl/ us /ˈbiː.t̬əl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Betel and pawn, a mixture for chewing, frequently offered in politeness, as snuff with us.
- He will dine, chew betel and smoke tobacco and enjoy a short midday rest.
- The idea that betel preserves the teeth seems to be unfounded.
- The princess, delighted at heart, but concealing her feelings, motioned to the prince to sit down near her, and gave him betel, flowers, perfumes, etc., through one of her attendants.
- The use of betel is unknown to them.