billboardnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɪl.bɔːd/ us /ˈbɪl.bɔːrd/ US UK hoarding
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- The company advertises on TV, the Internet, and billboards, so you sell more.
- At the entrance to Golden Gate Park stands a billboard, twenty feet high and a hundred feet long.
- Before nightfall a second supply of posters decorated walls and billboards.
- Billboards with crimson goddesses nine feet tall advertising cinema films, pipe tobacco, and talcum powder.
- By law, billboards can be debarred from localities possessing unusual scenic beauty.
- There is no question that public sentiment is against the billboard.