birthdaynoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɜːθ.deɪ/ us /ˈbɝːθ.deɪ/
Happy birthday, Flavio!
It's her 21st birthday.
- My birthday is on the fourth of December.
- Her birthday was getting nearer and I still hadn't bought her a present.
- My birthday is on a Friday this year.
- They sent her flowers for her birthday.
- I didn't even see her to wish her a happy birthday.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a ripe old age idiom
- age group
- age limit
- be knocking (on) 60, 70, etc. idiom
- on the right/wrong side of 40, 50, etc. idiom
- put years on sb idiom
- take years off sb idiom
- this side of sth idiom
- when sb was a (mere) twinkle in their father's eye idiom
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: