blacknessnoun [ U ]uk /ˈblæk.nəs/ us /ˈblæk.nəs/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- All round the hull, in the blackness, the rippling current bubbled and chattered like a little mountain stream.
- Both Keenan and Frank started, and peered through the blackness.
- In the blackness a faint streak of light showed the location of the crack in the wall.
- Paul's spirits rose with the blackness of the night and the wildness of the rain.
- The darkness is thinning, and the blackness turning grey.