blood testnoun [ C ]uk /ˈblʌd ˌtest/ us /ˈblʌd ˌtest/
Examples from literature
- It is only the blood test that is repeatedly negative after the effect of mercury wears off, which shows the disease is cured.
- Just as all syphilis does not show a positive blood test, so a single negative test is not sufficient to establish the absence of syphilis without a medical examination.
- Many of them, while perhaps having positive blood tests while the disease is active, later become negative without treatment.
- The conclusions of the blood tests are unreliable and uncertain.
- There is very little discomfort in the method, as a rule—no more than there is to the taking of blood for a blood test.