boarding schoolnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɔː.dɪŋ ˌskuːl/ us /ˈbɔːr.dɪŋ ˌskuːl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A girl's boarding school obtained a free afternoon to enjoy the spectacle.
- Here also are several flourishing military boarding schools and a seminary for girls.
- In all boarding schools there is a room near the Infirmary, where they keep the medicines.
- Mr. Edwards concluded that at a boarding school Steve would be under a stricter discipline and would profit by it.
- She had an idea that Yale was a sort of higher-grade boarding school, it seemed.