bowling alleynoun [ C ]uk /ˈbəʊ.lɪŋ ˌæl.i/ us /ˈboʊ.lɪŋ ˌæl.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- He learned it was setting up ten pins in a bowling alley.
- He said a man who kept a bowling alley had hired him at fifty cents a week to set up the pins, and it was in the bowling alley he had been all night.
- It makes fine flooring and is used in skating rinks and for bowling alleys.
- There were swings, and a bowling alley, and boats, and other amusements.
- Why not have pool, billiards, a bowling alley?