Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A game from Britain is becoming very popular in other countries: snooker.
- In 1714, Britain asked clockmakers to make a clock for boats.
- In 1764 these colonies had to pay a tax to Britain for sugar from the West Indies.
- It is possible that the word Britain comes from an old British word meaning “people of the designs,” possibly from their war paint or tattoos.
- It was printed on July 4, 1776, the date of America’s independence from Britain.
- The colonists did not want to pay the tax, so they decided to become free from Britain.
- The first Europeans to live there came from Britain and Ireland.