brown papernoun [ U ]uk /ˌbraʊn ˈpeɪ.pər/ us /ˌbraʊn ˈpeɪ.pɚ/
Examples from literature
- A policeman came in, carrying a brown paper parcel.
- He began to unfasten the string which fastened the brown paper parcel.
- He offered a parcel wrapped in brown paper.
- SIR,—In reply to your enquiry as to the nature of the parcel, I beg to inform you that it was oblong in shape and done up in brown paper and tied securely with string.
- That official immediately drew open a drawer of his desk and produced a packet folded in brown paper.