bubonic plaguenoun [ U ]uk /bjuːˌbɒn.ɪk ˈpleɪɡ/ us /bjuːˌbɑː.nɪk ˈpleɪɡ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- He wrote a very clear account of the epidemic, which leaves no doubt that it was true bubonic plague.
- It carried fever-patients for the hospital at Genoa, ill of the bubonic plague.
- No precautions that sanitary science can suggest have been omitted, yet the weekly reports now show an average of twenty thousand deaths from the bubonic plague alone.
- She killed rats by the hundreds of thousands, rat-proofed her buildings, and thus, at one stroke, eliminated all fear of bubonic plague.
- The bubonic plague prevails there with a frightful mortality.