buccaneernoun [ C ]uk /ˌbʌk.əˈnɪər/ us /ˌbʌk.əˈnɪr/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- As soon as night had fallen the buccaneers weighed anchor.
- But the difficulty has been to define the exact meaning of a pirate and of a buccaneer.
- The buccaneers of the olden days were certainly men of the greatest bravery.
- There was a buccaneer ship about to sail from Jamaica, and on this Morgan enlisted.
- This, of course, the citizens were glad enough to do, and when the buccaneers had carried to the ships everything they had stolen, and when the beef had been put on board, they sailed away.