bulrushnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʊl.rʌʃ/ us /ˈbʊl.rʌʃ/
Examples from literature
- A line of green bulrushes fringed this spring.
- It stood alone beside a swamp bordered with alder thickets and tall bulrushes.
- The hut itself was hidden away in a little clump of swamp willows that grew upon a mound in the midst of a marshy plain, broken here and there by patches of reed and bulrushes.
- There were great banks of mud, out of which grew the bulrushes.
- Through the bulrush stems John heard their voices and laughter.