cactusnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæk.təs/ us /ˈkæk.təs/ plural cacti uk /ˈkæk.taɪ / us cactuses
Examples from literature
- As we descended the long, winding road we passed many fine specimens of tree cactus.
- Cacti and semi-tropical bushes mingled with brush on the rounded side hills.
- Even the olive and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country.
- He fumbled for his knife and clumsily scraped the needles from a leaf of the cactus and sliced it in two.
- This they followed rapidly, crossing wide plains of sage brush and cactus throughout the day.