calabashnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæl.ə.bæʃ/ us /ˈkæl.ə.bæʃ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- One day I found several dry calabashes that had fallen from a tree.
- Some women came with calabashes for water, and I tried to buy the bead bangles and waist-lace off a baby child, but failed.
- The Admiral asked him for water, and they brought it gladly to the shore in calabashes.
- The root is chewed by women, and they spit out well-chewed mouthfuls into a calabash.
- Their instrument was a large calabash, or rather two, one of an oval shape about three feet high, the other perfectly round, very neatly fastened to it, having also an aperture about three inches in diameter at the top.